Thursday, July 26, 2012

Meet Gunnar.

Okay, okay...I'm only a month behind, so yet again this mommy has to play some major catch-up. What can I say? I mean when my little man cries for me to come pick him up, I gotta' run.

On June 29, 2012 we welcomed the most beautiful baby boy into the world, Gunnar Lane Herndon. In all honesty, I would do it again in a second. No matter how exhausted I was when the doctor finally called for a c-section. No matter how scared I was going into surgery.

No. Matter. What. I would do it again in a heartbeat.


Gunnar Lane Herndon entered this world at exactly 7:47 P.M. and was delivered by two of the greatest doctors in Northeast MS, Dr. Ronnie Young and Dr. Eric Webb.

Daddy with Dr. Webb :)
Flashing back a bit...let me catch you up to speed. Due to a couple days of high blood pressure, my doctor made the final decision to begin induction on June 28th. Gunnar's initial due date was July 14th; however, I had a pretty good feeling I would be sent in early due to his estimated weight through various scheduled sonogram checks. Lucky for me, the doctors said that if Gunnar had made it to due date he would indeed have been well on his way past 10 pounds. Sheesh! Now, I know some of you mommies have delivered juicy babies ounces maybe even pounds over 10, but...well I simply just couldn't wrap my head around it. Woowee!

Below you will find a few of the visitors that waited patiently for Gunnar to make his BIG entrance...


Little did we know they would be waiting for hours...and hours...and hours...

...and 30 hours later...

After a long and very tiring labor, I simply wasn't progressing as we had hoped, so our little angel was delivered in our arms moments later via c-section. The nerves were definitely picking up in the c-section waiting area as you can see...


He was the most beautiful, perfect tiny blessing we had ever laid our eyes on...amazing. We couldn't believe our eyes. Never in our lives had we been so happy. It truly was the greatest moment of our lives. Our hearts filled with a kind of love we had never experienced before...a kind of love that last a lifetime. Forever, from that moment on...our lives changed.

Here comes Daddy!


Soooo many people were waiting to see you...


 Introducing Gunnar Lane Herndon...


Just a few of our hospital visitors whom we love so much...

...and a little more lovin'...
...and maybe even a little more...
So many memories were made within those first few days of life. Not a one will ever be forgotten.

All ready to go home!

This is the very first thing I did when I got home for the first time!
I had to meet one set of great-grandparents a little late due to Grandpa being in the hospital, but it sure was worth the wait! They are pretty special, and I think they will spoil me pretty good.
Needless to say...little do they know...I have them wrapped!


No comments:

Post a Comment