Saturday, May 26, 2012

Gunnar Lane's Baby Cave

We have been spending much of our time getting things ready for our baby boy's arrival. One of those many things happens to be our sweet baby boy's nursery. His daddy worked hard putting his crib together as soon as it arrived. Though we are still adding little touches here and there...it is almost complete. Now, if we can just get little man here we will officially be 100% complete.

Josh is going to be such an amazing father/daddy. I don't know what I would do without this man. Sorry for the sappiness, but he is truly a blessing. He has waited on me hand and foot throughout my pregnancy. Even listened to me crying at 10 P.M. on a work night because I couldn't "shake" the amazing taste of a Sonic chocolate milkshake before going to bed and him working all day. Did I mention we were already almost half asleep? ...but what does daddy do? He gets up and drives to Sonic for Gunnar's mommy. I have it good...real good. I'm still trying to figure out how I will convince him of these late night cravings even after Gunnar arrives (hehe).


As Gunnar's due date approaches, both Josh and myself can't help but to feel a little anxious. My nerves are in full force to say the least, and it really isn't from worrying about labor pains, water breaking, or anything of that nature. I mean, don't get me wrong (shaking knees)...that is definitely on my mind but not top concern. I just want to be the best mommy I can be. I want my sweet baby boy to feel the love I have felt from my own parents for almost 26 years of being on the earth. Josh and I both cannot pass up talking about our son every moment that we can get a word in whether it is just us two talking or in a crowd. Forgive us, people, we are a little obsessed. Call us crazy, but we are in love...in love with an itty bitty being that has yet to even enter this world. We cannot wait to laugh with him, watch him take his first breath, go to the beach for the very first time, visit Mickey and Minnie in Disney World for the very first time, throw the football, splash in the pool, read to him...and the list goes on...and on...and on.

Below you will find a few pictures of our baby boy's nursery which we adore. Josh is certain he will appreciate that his very first bedding had deer on it as he already has many hunting and fishing trips already in the works for the future. Only 7 weeks to go! If not less...but who is counting, right?
(Ahhhhhhhhhhh...pure joy.)


1 comment:

  1. You and Josh will be WONDERFUL parents!!! Gunnar is blessed already to have SO many people who love him. Very excited for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete