Saturday, August 4, 2012

What if God was one of us?

One of my favorite movies happens to be playing tonight. While my husband, Gunnar, and myself were watching we couldn't help but wrap our ears and hearts around the song that was playing in the background of one of the movie scenes. Many may have heard this song. The lyrics read, "If God had a name, what would it be? ...and would you call it to His face if you were faced with Him? In all His glory...
what would you ask Him...if you had just one question? What if God was one of us?" Wow, now that is deep and definitely worth pondering on for some time.

Isn't that such a powerful question? So, I ask you, my dear friends...

What if God was one of us?

In all His glory what would you ask Him if you had just one question?

I know what I would ask Him. I would smile the biggest smile, tears rolling down my cheeks only to look up at my Heavenly Daddy and proudly ask..."Why and how was it that you chose to bless ME and give ME the privilege in raising such an amazing, strong, and inspiring son?"

A special thanks to another precious friend who has a baby boy with CF for encouraging me to read a special piece about mothers with children who have special needs and/or illnesses written by Erma Bombeck titled, "The Special Mother."

In this piece Bombeck is writing as though God is having a conversation with one of His angels. God says, "I will permit her to see clearly the things I see...ignorance, cruelty, prejudice...and allow her to rise above them. She will never be alone. I will be at her side every minute of every day of her life, because she is doing My work as surely as if she is here by My side."

Forever blessed I am to be Gunnar's Mommy. Thank you, Dear God, for believing in me and giving me this opportunity to share your word throughout my tiny blessing's walk.
Josh, Gunnar, & Gia taking advantage of a free Saturday morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment