Saturday, April 23, 2011

Giovanni Herndon

January 15, 2011 = Welcoming our BEAUTIFUL adopted puppy, Giovanni "Gia" Herndon!

First of all, let me start off with an apology. Yes, an apology. I kid you not...I BEGGED...I repeat...BEGGED my sweet husband to get me a puppy for at least a solid year before my dreams of owning one actually came true. I mean, folks, there were even tears shed. I just KNEW Santa was bringing me a puppy being that it was our first Christmas and considering how long I had been begging...but he didn't. I cried. Yes, I cried...like a baby...like a 24-year-old baby. PATHETIC, I know, but you just don't understand! I have wanted a little Giovanni for the longest I tell ya'. Whelp, after all the pleading, begging, and crying...J finally agreed to get me a puppy in February. Even last fall when I would ask for a pup, he would say, "Meg, February...just wait until February." Yeah, well...I got what I was promised...and even a few days earlier than promised. Poor Josh...bless him. I absolutely drove him right to insanity a few times.

Want to know how I got my promise early? My sweet MOM! One Saturday while out having a girls' day, I asked her to just "go" to the Humane Society with me just to "look." We all know what it means when we go somewhere just to "look." I called Josh to meet us over there and promised we were just "looking," and his exact words were, "Greeeeeat. (complete sarcasm) I guess this means we are getting a dog today." I (for the 1,000th time) told him we were just going to "look."

I walked in...and........................oh. my. word. She had me from "hello." 45 minutes later...I was the proud owner of a new baby girl! J obviously knew he would be buying a pup because he brought exactly enough money with him before he left the house. ;) Our initial plan was to buy a registered Miniature Schnauzer because that is the breed I grew up with and loved, but my heart was being tugged by this place. I blame it on the commercials. I can tell you one thing...I will never get another dog without considering adopting one first. There were SO many pups waiting to be adopted. It was one of hardest things to watch...ever. 

Gia has been the greatest blessing in our lives. I even settled for a larger breed...a much larger breed...a German Shepherd. Holy cow...little did I know that this sweet little pup would be on its way to gaining at least 75 more pounds. Our vet prepared me early...she told me Gia would at least be an 75-100 pound dog. Woooooooooooonderful.

I will be posting more pics, so you can watch her grow...but for now, take a look at our past 4 months together...

No comments:

Post a Comment